Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Finger has a bump/cyst/blister, fast growing, fluid filled, oozes blood. What can I do ?

My finger has a bump, or cyst or blister type structure on it that I originally thought was a fast-growing wart . It has been developing for 4-6 weeks. It looks and feels like a fluid filled sac. The top of it is very thin, so it oozes blood and a clear fluid. I believe it is infected because of swelling. Finger function is fine and there is little pain. Assuming I can t get to a physician, no insurance, what can/should I do?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  1294
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
From the description, it looks like a pyogenic granuloma. These are red raised bumps that ooze blood even on a minor manipulation. They bleed easily as contain numerous blood vessels.
The treatment options available are electrocautery, RF cautery and cryotherapy.
There is no home remedy to remove the same, hence a doctor's visit might be required.
Answered: Fri, 15 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor