Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Finger and cuticle injury, blister formed. Popped with sterile needle, discharge. Treatment?

Smashed my finger in a drive through bank teller drawer... right on the cuticle!!! For about 5 weeks now, there is a blister looking thing on my finger... I have left it alone..... doesn t go away!! I pierced it with a sterile fine needle and extracted clear liquid... soon filled up with the liquid and won t go away!!! The nail bed is growing distortedly now... it is UGLY!! How can I make this go away!!! Obviously caused by trauma to the nail bed... but I can t seem to relieve the pressure from the blister or cyst .... HELP!!
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi injury to the finger causes blister formation and pus discharge on popping with needle.first use a broad spectrum antibiotic twice daily orally .atarax 25 mg at night. and daily dressing until granulation tissue develops then if no granulation tissue developed use potassium permanganate crystals can be used.then only biotin supplementation until nail grows
Answered: Mon, 7 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor