Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Findings of blood in heart going the wrong way, advised appropriate exercise. What could it be and is it critical?

My husband said the Dr told him the blood in his heart was going down the wrong way. I aasked him if the Dr. mentioned a valve problem and he said no. He also said the Dr. said that there was medicine he could take to correct it but the Dr preferred he exercise more and correct it that way. My husband is 75 years old, has high blood pressure , is retired and moderately active. What is the Dr. talking about and should I be worried.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum. Either the visit to the doctor , the doctor, or your husband him self is fictitious. Your husband must be telling lie, to avoid medication. Or the words might be mis interpreted.
I advise you to follow him, next time when he go to the doctor. Of course at the age of 75 many doctors prefer to avoid some drugs like nephro txic and hepatotxic drugs.
According to the doctors statement the condition is not so panic as to take extensive treatment.
I advise you to give him balanced diet like green leafy vegetables, pulses fruits juices, egg, and meat . avoid giving him junk foods, and oily foods.
Wishing him quick recovery and thanks for calling.
Answered: Wed, 6 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Cardiac Surgeon Dr. F. Sadruddin Shariff's  Response
Your question is very vague and nonspecific. There are many conditions where the blood can go in a wrong direction, it could be a shunt lesion, or a dissection of a blood vessel or an abnormal connexion between two blood vessels or two chambers of the heart, this the possibilities are many. If your husband is a known hypertensive than the best thing is to focus on controlling the blood pressure. If there is anything specific than please let us understand your question and help you out.
Bye for now and good health!

Dr F Sadruddin Shariff
Answered: Wed, 6 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor