Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Fighting depression, pain in chest, jaw. Cholesterol high. Cause for above symptoms?

My wife is 55 years old. Fairly good health- not overweight . She has been fighting depression for about ten years since I was injured in an accident that left me permantley disabled. She went to see a Family Medicine doctor two weeks ago because she has been having some chest pain/discomfort and some pain in her jaw as well as fighting the depression. (The pain has happened three or four times in the past two months.) This is the first time in 6 years she has been to the doctor. The Family Med doctor didn t listen to her heart- just prescribed anti-depressants to help with her depression.We do not have any insurance and only have meger SSD income from my injuries, so she has been reluctant to go to the ER. The symptoms came on again about 30 minutes ago along with sweaty hands. I checked her pulse and listened to her heart with a stethoscope- heartrate-80bpm heart does not have abnormal rythym. Her cholesterol panel last week showed HDL/ LDL ratio .28, cholesterol 294, triglycerides 145, and TSH 1.67. What does this sound like is going on?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic

Your wife's symptoms may represent anxiety given the circumstances however prior to concluding so, she should seek evaluation for her chest discomfort to exclude cardiac causes. Due to your health insurance issues, I would suggest evaluation in a local emergency room. She may benefit from a short stay admission, evaluation by a cardiologist and possibly a stress test. You should not fear the financial cost while waiting for an unfortunate event to potentialy occur. The hospital will assist with financial arrangements, charity coverage, medicaid or other means of getting her evaluation covered/paid for. You will need to speak with a a financial counselor or social worker at the hospital for details.

Take care and be well
Answered: Sun, 10 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor