Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, in pain. What is the treatment?

I live in a small town, I need a Dr for fibromyalgia, I am close to Memphis AR or TN. How can I find one, They all say neurologist or rheumatoid arthritis. I need a good Dr. I'm going to lose my job if I don't find help, I am in pain all the time. I would prefer a woman dr, that from the US. NOW YOU SAY COST, COULD TELL AHEAD OF TIME
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for asking on HCM.
The treatment for fibromyalgia is Duloxetin and pregabalin. For the rheumatoid arthritis you can begin with Diclofenac sodium. For dosing you can consult your doctor.

Duloxetin is an antidepressant that works well for aches and pains in the body due to fibromyalgia. Pregabalin is a pain modulator and decreases the sensation of pain. Together with medicines you can incorporate yoga, massage or physiotherapy in your multi-dimensional treatment approach. You can also benefit from online support groups for fibromyalgia, counselling and talk therapy.

I hope you find this helpful.
Answered: Tue, 15 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor