Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Fibroid in uterus, ovarian cyst, prescribed birth control pills. Had surgery to remove ovary with tube. Is there any other medicine?

Sir, recently i had a surgery and removed left ovary with tube. then they also said that I m also having of some small tubo ovary cyst with right ovary. they sugested me to take birth control pill not to further grow of that cyst. Please tell me if have another medicine to cure from that. I m also having of Fibroids in uterous. I m 32 & unmarried . Please give your advice in this regards
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response

I assume you are planning to get married and conceive. What was the nature of your cyst in ovary? Fibroids in uterus along with ovarian cysts are usually an indication for high level of estrogens in your body. You need to retain your other ovary and tube. using birth control pills suppresses ovulation which is not advisable in your case as you may find it difficult to conceive at a later date. Hence progesterones alone in the latter half of menstrual cycle is a better method of treatment than oral pills. Before you embark on that treatment, the type of cyst in your other ovary has to be ascertained and sizes of the cysts and fibroids have to be under regular monitoring.

Take care
Answered: Tue, 17 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor