Fever, throat pain, wet cough with yellow phlegm. On paracetamol and ciprofloxacin. Test for avian flu needed?

Dear Doctor,
I am having fever (98.9*) and throat pain for the last 5 days. However, there is not muscle pain, no headache, no loose motions or loss of appetite/nausea. I have wet cough and spit out a lot of phlegm with yellow colour. I have been given paracetamol and ciprofloxacin by the doctor. Would you suggest that I take a test of avian flu or would you advice continuing with the same medication.
Thanx in advance.
Unnikrishnan, Mangalore, India.
Mon, 19 Aug 2013