Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Fever, leakage of brown fluid from breast, soreness, ultrasound clear. What type of doctor should I go to?

Yes..thank you. Four years ago, I was hospitalized with a very high fever for several days. I had a bad infection in one of the milk ducts of my left breast. The breast was very sore and had been leaking brownish colored fluid for several months prior. The mammogram and ultra sound did not show any cancer but now my breast has started to do the same thing again for several months. This past weekend, there was presence of blood off and on. What type of doctor do I need to go to for this or to order another mammogram. I am not sure what to do and am worried because my mother passed away with breast cancer as did many others with cancer on her side of the family at a young age. My mother died at 49. I am presently 41.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
As there is h/o cancer in your family, having trouble again after years should not be neglected.
Again go for mammography to rule out any abnormal lesion in your breasts.
Consult gynecologist or surgeon and get examined.
after report your doctor will decide plan of treatment.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Sun, 24 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor