Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Fever, large lump behind ear oozing pus. What could be going on?

My boyfriend has a fever and a rather large lump behind his ear. The lump behind his ear has been there for a couple weeks and he has squeezed a large amount of puss out of it the past couple of days. It is not as soft as it was before he squeezed the puss out of it and is becoming hard. What may be going on and should he see a doctor soon ?
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  257
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, He should definitely see a doctor. The lump could be anything from an abscess to a malignancy and it is always better to get it treated then neglect it. Take care.
Answered: Wed, 5 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor