Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Felled of chair, bone feel pain. Should i ignore it?

Today,in a computer class .when i want to sit on a chair, friend didn notice that i want to sit and she pull of the chair, i fell down, my sit bone feel pain. I told my mum everything that happen , but my mum said nevermine sure no problem .i scare i ve broke my bone or something and im 13 years old . Or...should i ignore it??
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013
Answers:  4 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

Based on the description, you could have injured the coccyx (tail bone) resulting in coccydynia.

An xray is mandatory to rule out any fracture of the coccyx.

The treatment guidelines for this condition are as follows -
* Sit completely upright with proper posture — keeping your back firmly against the chair, knees level with your hips, feet flat on the floor and shoulders relaxed
* Sitz baths (which involves soaking hips and buttocks)
* Lean forward while sitting down
* Sit on a doughnut-shaped pillow or wedge (V-shaped) cushion
* Apply heat or ice to the affected area
*Physical therapy involving strengthening of pelvic area muscles , stimulation with ultrasound therapy

If you don't find any relief with the above measures, you should consult an orthosurgeon.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day

Answered: Mon, 19 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist Dr. Kerry Pottinger's  Response
You are likely to have bruised your coccyx. This can be painful but will recover. It may take up to a week and in the meantime you could take paracetamol for the pain. It is not serious and you do not need to see a doctor.
Dr K A Pottinger,
Answered: Tue, 20 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Amit Kumar Jaiswal's  Response
hi, thanks to writing in HCM
don't worry most of time it is mild soft tissue injury or microfractures which takes 3 - 5 days to recover so that if you have pain then you can take analgesics twice or three time a day for 3- 5 days. if you have pain after 5 days then you can concern orthopaedician.

i think so it is helpful for you,
take care
Answered: Tue, 20 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Achuo Ascensius's  Response
thanks for using health care magic

A fall from the height of a chair generally should not be alarming

and should have little damage unless in cases where the individual

is predisposed such as in individuals with low bone density,

pre-existing bone conditions etc.

It is normal to have some pains due to contusion of muscles but it

should resolved within a few days.

Severe injury would involved fracture of the pelvic bone which should

be associated with pains while walking, difficulty in walking etc. But i

believe this is not the case with you.

So, taking some pain killers such as paracetamol or ibuprofen would do.

If the pain persists or is associated with difficulty/pains in walking, you would

need an x-ray of the pelvis to rule out a fracture.

Best regards and hope this helps you.

Dr Achuo
Answered: Mon, 19 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor