Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Fell on the left arm, pain subsided but not able to extend or contract the arm. Should I see a doctor?

yesterday i fell on my left arm bent at a 90 degree angle to cover my face. directly after the fall i could not move my forearm from its 90 degree position without pain, and i could not flex my bicep or tricep on that arm without pain. today, i can almost fully extend and contract the arm, but it still hurts to flex. what is this, and will it heal on its own or should i see a local doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Yes, you should see doctor for this.There might have been injury to tendons or muscle fibers.So though you are able to move arm you might need treatment for this for better healing.

Answered: Wed, 29 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor