Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Fell on the hip during rugby, hurts during certain movements, no bruise. Should I see a doctor?

I fell on my hip during a rugby game two days ago and i had to be taken off the field because it hurt to run and tackle etc. it still hurts when i make certain movements and hurts so much when my core tenses up especially sneezing coughing etc. should i see a doctor? or will it just be temporary? there is no bruise or anything!
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
If you are able to bear weight on your leg and walk normally without any considerable pain, then any bony injury is not likely. You can do a hot fomentation at the injury site and do adequate rest for an early healing.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Thu, 16 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor