Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Fell on the floor. Threw up water and having convulsions. Should I go to doctor?

Hi, over the week end my husband fell on the hardwood floor. he hit just above his eye and below it. It knocked him out for a couple of minutes. He threw up some water he had drank as I lifted his arm because I could hear it gurgling. Then as he got on all fours he began to have convulsions. They did not last long and he would not go to the doctor as it was late friday and he did not want to go to ER. I have watched him closely all week end but today he is at work. Is there anything in particular we should be watching for?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query
Welcome to HCM
Loss of consciousness (blackout) with vomiting, convulsions are strongly suspect brain injury/concussion
You can’t ignore black out and convulsion .although your husband is presently fine but he must visit ER for physical examination and let doctor decide whether he need imaging or other diagnostic workup as per physical examination findings.
Seizure or convulsion is a short episode of symptoms caused
by a burst of abnormal electrical activity in the brain. Typically, a seizure lasts from a few seconds to a few minutes.
Take care
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor