Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Fell on knee, noticed a small knot below knee causing a lot of pain. Relief from pain?

I fell on my knee but did not have immediate problems. two weeks later, the knee was beginning to hurt to the outside of the knee. Been to physical therapy and not relief. Have noticed a knot below the knee. When on my knees, it is very sore and I feel pulling behind the knee. When squat and raise up, pain is in the bend of the knee. What can I do for relive this pain.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Radiologist 's  Response
Apr 2014
Thanks for writing to HCM

You need X-ray of knee joint in AP/Lateral view. It will exclude bony injury.     
You also need clinical examination for suspected soft tissue injury .MRI of knee joint can be done in such cases.
MRI can detect ACL/PCL injury and meniscus status.
Treatment depends upon clinical findings and investigation reports.
For immediate pain, you can take analgesics like tablet acelofenac.
Get well soon.

Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

From the description, I feel that you could have suffered a SOFT TISSUE STRAIN.

The management for soft tissue injury is as follows -

* Rest to the injured part and don't involve in activities which puts additional strain on the injured tissues.
* Ice packing should be applied for about 20 minutes once in every 2 hours.
* Use elastic compression bandage around the swollen area
* Analgesic & anti inflammatory medications as needed

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor