Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Fell off bed, head injury, headaches, ridge on skull, severe pain. Cure for symptoms?

I fell off my bed last Thursday , its about 3 feet off the ground , I landed on my dresser on my head, since then I ve been experiencing increasing headaches , I have a ridge across the top of my skull where I landed. Should I go to the dr? It seems like the headaches are not going away and even hurting more, also I m very tired... Thank u
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You SHOULD SEE A DOCTOR as soon as possible.
NEUROLOGIST is the person to see.

External injury has no relation to internal injury.
Persistent headache in a setting of injury needs a CT SCAN of the brain - blood clot (Subdural haematoma) is a typical complication - but easy to manage. Pressure inside the skull from it - because of limited space - can cause complications.

So see the doctor / see as early as possible.
If they find something - they treat it / if there is nothing -we are happy
Better be safe than sorry

Take care
Wishing you speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sat, 27 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor