Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Fell, knocked out teeth, some chipped at gums. Is there anything that can be done?

i fell flat on my face and had a pretty bad fall where i knocked out my front 4 teeth . one is completely gone, one is half-way diagonally chipped, and the other two are chipped at the gum so it looks like they are not there. I understand implants are necessary but that is a long process in which I need to wait. is there anything that can be done within a week so i don t have to go to school for too long without teeth? I can t put the originals back in because the ER surgeon said they were too shattered.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

According to your history in the accident one tooth is avulsed and three are chipped off, in this condition I would suggest you to get the x-ray done which will decide the treatment plan.

If your teeth are dead or non vital, and if the x-ray shows a good bone support you can complete the root canal for the chipped tooth and get a post and core build up for your tooth, and if the tooth is infected at roots get the chipped pieces removed and replaced in position by a prosthetic bridge taking support from abutment tooth or an implant.

These are all treatment options for you, consult your Dentist and discuss about this.

Hope this helps out.

Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor