Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Fell from stairs. Having lump next to spine, tenderness. Internal damage?

I fell down a short staircase last night, landing on my back (onto an individual step). I have a lump to the right of my spine and very tender through my back and side and even around into the front of my lowe right hand side ( pelvis area). I am sure I have not broken any bones, but should I see a doctor to make sure I haven t sustained any internal damage?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  263
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi there,

Thanks for your query. Am sorry about the injury.

The lump is probably a contusion with or without some bleeding inside it.

AS LONG AS YOU ARE ABLE TO MOVE ALL LIMBS FULLY AND, HAVE NO FUNCTIONAL ABNORMALITIES, the chances of injury to spine or other nerves are ruled out. Also, chances of a serious internal damage are minimal.

A 5-7 days course of anti-inflammatory pain-killers, such as, a combination of ibuprofen + paracetamol + chlorzoxazone will cure the lump in 7-10 days.

However, as a precautionary measure, consult your doctor, who will examine you for possible spine/bony injury.

If you find my response helpful and informative, do not forget an “excellent” (5-star rating) to my answer, to ENCOURAGE all doctors- engaged in social service- to render sound advice to the FREE queries.

Fond regards and have a nice day

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Answered: Sat, 23 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor