Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Fell down some steps and fainted. Had fits. Should I seek medical advice?

hi i fell down some steps this morning and started to feel quite dizzy and faint the next thing i knew my father was shouting me and i could feel my self coming too a bit and i jumped up crying and shouting did i pass out. my father described me as looking almost like i fitted but some how he managed to jolt me out of it should i seek medical advice or is this just shock from the fall? i did fall quite hard.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and welcome to HCM!
Thanks for posting your query here.

Loss of consciousness and a fit like episode after a fall definitely needs a medical advise. There are chances of internal haemorrage- bleeding in the brain if the fall is quite hard. Is there any history of seizures/fits in the past, your age and health conditions will decide the diagnosis. Before a fit there are chances of aura-blurring of vision and headache, ringing sensation in the head. In a person with a first fit it will be difficult for him to recognize these things.

A general physical exam, routine blood check and if necessary a CT will help you in diagnosing the condition.
If all these are in normal limits it could be a just shock as you said.

Hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Mon, 8 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You must be seen by a neurologist.
Syncope and seizure must be investigated - especially when occurring for the first time.
It is better to be safe than sorry.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor