Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Fell down flat on face. Got bruise on nose, chin and knee. Hurts to bend leg. How to get relief?

I am 68 year old female. I fell about 5 days ago, flat on my face. I don t know why I didn t put my hands out to catch my fall. It just happened so quickly. along with bruising my nose and chin I got a huge bruise on my knee . For the first few days nothing hurt but then along the side of my calf started to swell and was tender to the touch. There was no bruise there. The swelling takes up an area about 6 inches long and 4 inches wide, right below the knee on the side. It hurts too when I bend my leg. There is no cuts or bruises in that area. I can t imagine what I did to it. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

Do take pain killers like Tab Motrin 400 mg twice daily if you are not allergic for.This will reduce the pain and for the swelling and bruises to disappear it may take some time may be around a week.

Alo do get your self examined by your treating doctor to rule out any minor fractures to the bones which went unnoticed.

Wish you good health.


Answered: Thu, 31 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor