Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Fell down and hit his head, bump behind ear. Skull fracture?

My 1 year old son fell down the front porch (3 steps) and hit his head audibly hard on the cement below. He cried for nearly an hour after that and was inconsolable, and developed a rather large bump over/behind his left ear. Once he calmed down he ate his dinner fine, was alert, ran around normally, giggled and babbled like normal.

I am still a little concerned about a possible skull fracture. Are my worries unfounded, or should I see a doctor tomorrow (he's down for the night now)?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  337
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Greetings of the day

Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
There is no cause of concern if the baby did not loose consciousness and has no vomiting. The swelling is clotted blood which will subside.
Wishing him speedy recovery
Take care
Answered: Fri, 11 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor