Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Fell and hurt butt, huge bruise. Treatment?

I slipped and fell on my left butt cheek last night. It hurt really bad and I neglected to ice it. It was fine this morning but I noticed that it hurt when I sat on it. I went home to check on it and I have a horrible huge bruise that wasn't there this morning. I'm icing it now but it's been almost 24 hours. What should I do to treat it and should I see a doctor? Can I also work out?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  152
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcare magi forum
thank you for your query
i understand your concern about bruise.
due to pressure and friction you have develop bruise on butt.
you may feel up to 3-4 days.
apply good antibiotic cream over it
it is better to take analgesic medicine for pain and inflammation .
it will turn into brown and than black.
if you feel more swelling ,more pain ,it better to consult doctor.
i hope i answered your query
Answered: Fri, 19 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor