Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Fell and hit head. Lump above eye. Eye swollen, turning black. Dizziness. See the doctor?

3 days ago I fell down the stairs and banged the front of my head. I was taken to hospital and examined and then told to go home and rest. I had a lump on my head just above my eye. Yesterday I woke up to my eye swollen and now is turning black. I keep having dizzy spells when I try to lie down or put my head back, it doesn t last very long but because I am anxious it is getting worse, should I return to the hosptial? I do not have any money to pay for the answer.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  128
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for posting a query in health care magic.
From the description that you have stated it appears that you have a black eye, and every balck eye, especially if it is accompanied with dizzy spells should be CT scanned. Some base of the skull trauma can lead to black eye and needs to be ruled out. There is nothing wrong in being extra conscious. No need to blame it on your anxiety.
Hope I am able to solve your concerns.
If you need any further details, you can contact me directly by using the below mentioned link:
Wish you good health.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Answered: Sun, 17 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor