Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Feet and ankles swollen due to rash. Have ruptured gastronemus muscle in leg. Cause for rash?

My feet and ankles are very swollen with a rash on the feet that resembles diaper rash. I always attributed some swelling in my left leg due to an accident I had three years ago when I ruptured my gastronemus (sp) muscle in my leg. Just don t know what the rash is and now my right ankle is swollen a little but both have the rash. I am 58, female, overweight . No high blood pressure or other problems.
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I do not think that gatrocnemius muscle causes rash , I would recommend you to show it to ski specialist to make sure that there is no associated problem. I would recommend you keep your feet elevated during night time, Also i would suggest you to apply compression bandage.
Answered: Mon, 14 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor