Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Feeling trouble in swallowing. Should I arrange for xray to be done?

My Mum tells me that she has trouble swallowing but not all the time, she said that when she swallows chicken or lamb it hurts a little and she feels that she needs to burp or hic cup, I think she is beginning to worry about it, but she was at the doctors the other day and he looked down the back of her throat and couldn t see anything, should I arrange for her to have Xrays done?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response

Welcome to HCM forum

You should consult an ENT specialist

She might require an endoscopy and for that you should consult a gastrologist

X ray like barium meal can be done under physician's guidance.

Sometimes Vit B 12 deficiency also causes difficulty in swallowing

Best wishes

Take care
Answered: Tue, 17 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor