Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Feeling sad and frustrated due to weight gain. Is there any medication for weight loss?

hey dr, i am a married woman,23 yrs old...i have gained 8-9 kgs weight in just arund 1 yr of my marraige.. I feel sad n frustrated pls help me out i wanna be 60 kg again as i was a year b4..can medicine work? Or walk or cycling as i can readily do all ths for an hr daily...please recommend medinces or exercises to reduce it fast as m v curious to feel normal..pls help
Mon, 21 Oct 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Welcome to health acre magic!

it is evident from your question that you want to reduce your weight which has increased from past one year.

There are several medicines for this but as you have time for workouts, I would rather go for them to decrease weight. Had I been at your place I would :

1. do cycling or jogging or brisk walks for half an hour in morning and evening
2. go for less oily diet, more of salads, sprouts and reduce sugar and starch intake
3. take adequate water, better if you can take warm water with one quarter of lemon in it (it helps a lot in reducing weight), four to five glasses of it daily
4. taking more of stairs rather than elevators regularly will help you mani train weight balance.
5. If you want you may joina gym nearby and do exercises

One thing more, please don't sit in front of TV for long hours and eat simultaneously? It is one of the main reasons people continue to gain weight.

Keep a check on what you eat, weight your self every week or twice a week to check your progress!

Most important is being happy, this is not a major weight gain and if you follow these advices you will surely go to your previous status. These are very effective methods and do not cause any harm like medicines (reshape, topiramate etc) and one can safely practice them for long time.
Hope the answer helps you in reducing weight soon.
Please ask if you have more queries regarding this.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor