Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Feeling pressure and swelling in the vagina. Pap smear test normal. What else could be the reason?

Hi... I am experiences extreme pressure in my vagina area and it seems swolen from the inside. Not the lips but the part between the vagina hole and my anus . It is very very sensative that Its hard to even wipe. I did use a razor to shave... However, because its swolen I think its something more. what could this b? I had a pap three weeks ago and everything was normal. pls help
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM
Feeling of pressure and swelling between Vagina and rectum indicates that you might be having problem with Pouch of Douglas. This is a fold of peritoneum between Vagina and Rectum. There could be collection of fluid, pus or blood, due to several reasons like Infection of Pelvic organ ( Uterus, tubes, ovaries), Endometriosis, Ectopic pregnancy. There could be congestion due to excessive blood flow ( Pelvic congestion Syndrome). There is a possibility that you have prolapse of Posterior vaginal wall there. Rarely there could be Fibroid also. All these are Medical terminology, and you will not understand it, so I would suggest you to go to Gynecologist. Your Doctor will advise you depending on your clinical history , other related symptoms, and will do management for the same. If you wish to have more information from us, you may give some more details about you.
Dr Hamdani
Answered: Wed, 13 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Zainab Hassanali's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic
it could be that you are developing a boil there thats why its really painful, or because you used a razor you might have hurt your self hence it has swollen up.
if it is a boil (balanthis or abscess) then if it is ripe you need an incision and drainage done with a course of antibiotics to sort out the problem.
you need to be reviewed by a gynecologist who has to examine to know what is the problem and then be given the appropriate treatment.
hope to have answered your query
Answered: Wed, 13 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor