Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Feeling of sudden numbness in one side of the body, gets normal within a short span. Cause?

Dear Doc i am doing anything, but suddenly half side right side of my body becomes like its going to sleep, sometimes i am carrying files or other things, and its hard for me to grab them. After some time it becomes normal and then i can feel strength in my fist. Its been almost 6 months i am facing this prob. I am a Qualified Chartered Accountant and working as an Auditor in UAE. Waiting for your reply
Thu, 14 Jun 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello.Thanks for the question.These are serious symptoms.There are two possibilities which need to be considered.First is TIA and second is cervical spondylosis.TIA - transient ischemic attack, this is just short of stroke and underlying cause is temporary reduction in blood supply to brain.This should be investigated with MRI brain and clinical evaluation.Cervical spondylosis is degenerative changes in neck vertebrae leading to pinched nerve.Pinced nerve can present with such loss of power in upper limb.This should be investigated by MRI of cervical spine.But if you are experiencing pain in right lower leg as well then possibility of TIA is more likely.I hope this answers your question.Please consider to see doctor sooner. Thank you.
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
Hello Dear

Thanks for choosing HCM.

This might be TIA like symptoms. A transient ischemic attack (TIA) is when blood flow to a part of the brain stops for a brief period of time. A person will have stroke-like symptoms as you are having. In my opinion you must consult a neurologist for your problem and get the right treatment.


Dr. Dinesh
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor