Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Feeling of something stuck in throat, pain on swallowing. Taking antibiotics. Cure?

hi i have a feeling that something is stuck in my throat like food or flesh, and when i eat my food take hours to go down and the one that goes down immediatly is always with pain as it goes down. infact sometimes i feel the way way my saliva goes down and with a pain. i put my fingers to fomit in other to relieve myself of the discomfor so as to eat. i do this every other day now. I have been giving antibiotic to be taken for 7days i am still taking it.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  182
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Concerned.,
Thanks for writing to us.
You have not indicated the duration of the above symptoms . Anyway the antibiotic prescribed to you has not produced any desirable effect.
I can think of differential diagnosis at this stage as I have not clinically examined you.(a)Chronic Pharyngo tonsillitis with Keratosis Pharynges:-This is associated with Vitamin A and E deficiency .In some cases Viral Aetiology and Tobacco Smoking are predisposing factors.
(b) Prolonged Deficiency Anaemia;-Especially Iron Deficiency Anaemia with the development of Oesophageal Webs.(Plummer Winson Syndrome/Peterson Brown Kelly syndrome).All baseline investigations have to be done including Hb%,TC/DC/ESR/Smear Study/Urinalysis/Stools test/Upper GE Endoscopy to find out the cause.
(C)Carcinoma of the upper 1/3rd of Oesophagus. For this above investigations ,in addition endoscopically a biopsy of affected part can ascertain the diagnosis.
(d) Carcinoma of Tonsils;-Biopsy of the lesion is diagnostic.In addition the affected lymphnodes also can be biopsied.
Kindly institute an evidence based treatment after proper investigations .consult an ENT Surgeon and Surgical Gastroenterologist at the earliest please.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.,
Best regards.,
Dr Lt Cdr ASN Bhushan.,
Answered: Thu, 20 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. Anju Choudhary's  Response
hi there, the condition you are suffering from is called dysphagia and it could occur due to many causes both organic and psychological. To rule out organic cause you need to visit your ENT specialist and get examined for any infection or obstruction due to any growth or stricture. It can be ruled out by doing an endoscopy or a barium swallow study. The cause then can be treated accordingly. An infection can be overcome with antibiiotics and some warm saline gargles. Hope you get well soon. Take care.
Answered: Thu, 20 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor