Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Feeling of something caught in the corner of the eye, had bug flown in the eye, had washed with water. Remedy?

I was outside last night at the drive in and all of a sudden my eye started hurting. I think a bug flew in my eye. I flushed it with water because it was stinging very badly. I couldn t seem to find the bug. I went to bed with, i think, still in there and it is still bothering me today. It feel likes I have something caught in the upper left corner of my right eye. What should I do?
Mon, 18 Jun 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
I can understand the discomfort you are going through.
Take a handful of water or a shallow bowl of water and try blinking inside the water. If the FB-foreign body( insect / a piece of it) is lying loose in the superficial layers of conjunctiva,with a couple of blinks it will come out.

Ask someone to see your eye with a torch light beam focused under the upper lid ,while they pull it up and you look towards your nose tip.

If you find something,which didn't come out with washing/ blinking, then it must be clinging a little deeper to manipulate and can only be removed under a slit lamp microscope by an ophthalmologist/ optometrist. Don't manipulate your eye too much, to avoid secondary Corneal abrasions due to the FB.

Take care.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor