Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Feeling of something breaking loose with a sharp pain post surgery in arm with plates and screws. Is this common?

My husband had both bones in his lower arm repaired after an auto accident 7 yrs ago with plates & screws. A few days ago, he reached for something and felt like something broke loose and has had sharp pain since. Is this common? Will it subside? It has been about a week since the pain started. He is taking naproxen sodium for the pain.
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
Hello, If the plates and screws are still there it is always better to get one x-ray done to see the continuity of these plates and screws. To reduce the pain you can try with cryo pack over the painful site once in every two hourly for about 3 to 4 days and rest for a couple of days for your beloved husband......though this problem is not very common but few patients come with such complaints..... wish your husband a good health soon.
Answered: Fri, 18 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor