Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Feeling of lungs between the ribs on turning, excruciating chest pain radiating to breasts, relief on having carbonated drinks. Cause and remedy?

I am a 47 year old female. I have been having problems for about three years now. I turn a certain way and it feels like my lung gets caught between my ribs. This usually happens on the left side but has happened a couple of times on the right. I also sometimes get excruciating pain in my chest like someone is stabbing me with a knife. This pain goes all the way across my breasts and the only way I have found to get it to ease up is to drink something usually carbonated really fast. This can go on sometimes for 30 minutes. Please help
Asked On : Sat, 17 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Cardiologist, Interventional 's  Response
Hello madam,
Welcome to HCM...
as u described ur problem, it does not indicated cardiac origin, that a good thing.
secondly it may be a origin from Gastro intestinal tract, so my advice to go for a gastroenterologist opinion.
good luck and keep updating ...
Answered: Sat, 17 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor