Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Feeling of flap in vagina, traces of blood and tissue when finger inserted. History of natural childbrith after detecting small opening at cervix. Normal?

I recently had my second child in may of this year. I had a high risk pregnancy because of an incompetent cervix, and later on in the third trimester my gyno told me that I had a small opening at the top of my cervix. I had the child naturally with no complications, but now when I insert my finger inside of my vagina I feel what seems like a flap. Even when im having sex it feels weird. When I remove my finger I see traces of blood and tissue. I just wanted to know if this is normal.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
Rarely there is possibility of some damage to cervical tissue while applying cervical stitch to incompetent cervix.
Usually that will heal up after few weeks of delivery.
Rarely some tissue may remain hanging down.
One more possibility is presence of cervical erosion, that can present with spotting.
As you had normal delivery there is less possibility for other causes like presence of vaginal septum etc.
So you once consult gynecologist and get examined to find out the exact cause.
Then depending on the cause treatment can be taken.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 10 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor