Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Feeling of bloated stomach, worsens on not eating, painful urination, no relief with antibiotics. STI tests clear. Relief measure?

For a month now I have had what feels like a bloated stomach , which appears to get worse if I don t eat. on top of this i went through a period where I would wake up and need to go to the toilet. Now when I pee it stings. I have been referred to a urologist but that is not for three weeks. I have been on ciprofloxacin for two weeks and it seemed to go away but has come back. I have had a number of urine samples tested and they have all come back fine. I also have had test for clymdia, which I didn t want as I have only been with one partner (my wife) and she is the same. We have been married for 21 years. Is there anything I can do to try and calm the symptoms down as I am starting to get worried that there is something serious. I am 38 and have had my prostate checked by my doctor. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello admin ,

I have gone through your case scenario and do believe you are dealing with two separate diseases . Firstly your bloated stomach which is bothering you . This needs proper diet with proper meals at proper times and some proton pump inhibitors for a week or so . Second problem appears to be a persistent lower urinary tract infection which is some what sensitive to fluroquinolone group of antibiotics. You have done quite a lot of tests yet it has been unsuccessful , I was wondering if you had got a culture report of your urine. My advice regarding your burning micturation is to use an alkalysing syrup readily available in market that may solve the problem temporarily. Also please do get a lower abdomen sonogram to rule out existence of calculi if any which might be a source of infection anywhere in renal tract . I assume your prostate is within normal limits. Please do visit your urologist as it needs proper attention.Take care .
Answered: Wed, 31 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor