Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Feeling miserable, tired, sad, depressed, anti-social, suicidal. Will counselling help?

I feel misrable, tired, and sad all the time. I feel that my life s not worth living most of the time. I feel like I have to put off seeing my friends as I don t want to leave the house. I have often thought it be best if I was not in the world anymore. I feel like I have let my family down as well. I have been told I am depressed but will just counselling help me?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

You seem to be going through a depression and all your symptoms and such feelings are indicative of this. There are indeed effective treatment options available - both in the form of medication as well as counselling / psychotherapy, which will help you overcome your problem. If your depression is severe, then, in addition to counselling, you may need anti-depressant medication to hasten your recovery. Please consult a psychiatrist urgently for further evaluation and treatment. Also, please keep talking to someone close about your feelings, as it will help you to offload some burden and make you feel more supported.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Wed, 24 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor