Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Feeling dizzy, getting headache and unable to speak properly. Required treatment?

Hi, my bf is 25 years old; this afternoon while working he started to get a really bad headache , and dizziness when he tried to talk he got really confused and he couldn t remember any of the words he was about to say. Right now he has to talkm really slow so that he doesn t get all confused again, he understands everything he is told but he can t form sentences easily. Thank you. Amy Matthews
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Neurologist 's  Response
I am a neurologist and i thank you for posting this question in HCM
Let me tell you that any particular medical problem in medicine can be due to multiple causes and treatment and outcome depends upon the cause. Further in neuromedicine, other things which can help a physician get the right diagnosis are the sequential evolution of the symptoms and the detailed neurological assessment by a neurologist. All these things will hep to get the correct diagnosis.
Back to your question, you have listed some symptoms, based upon these i think that you need an urgent neurological examination to see if you have neurological deficits. The second step will be to get a scan done and treat it accordingly rather than simple assumption.
Hope this will help you
Answered: Sun, 20 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor