Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Feeling depressed, stressed. Family ignores, feel weak, hopeless. How to recover?

I m feeling depressed and stressed my family don t understand me they ignore me and don t take notice, my brother takes stuff that belongs to me school keep telling me I m not good enough when in my last school I was great and I feel when ever I go places people laugh at me and call me names, I sometes want to hurt myself because I feel so weak and hopeless I don t know what to do anymor
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Welcome to HCM

It is quite a common problem. Feeling inferior, low mood, stress, rejection sensitivity etc are common symptoms of this condition. But you should know that no one want to ignore you deliberately, you are also important to your family members. People don't laugh at you it is only inferiority complex which is causing such feelings in you. I will advise you to please talk to your family members and discuss your problem with them. They will definitely understand. Many medicines like Fluoxetine, Paroxetine, Venlafexine etc are very useful for such symptoms. And don't feel hopeless, just think about life in positive aspect. If you will harm yourself it will affect you and your family member. So please talk to them and visit a psychiatrist.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi
Answered: Sat, 23 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Sundar Gnanavel's  Response
Thanks for your query. I understand your concern with the symptoms. Based on your history the possible differential diagnosis include :
1. Depressive disorder
2. Dysthymia (Milder chronic depression)
3. Anxious avoidant personality disorder
4. Adjustment disorder
I would suggest you meet a psychiatrist for a thorough evaluation so that a suitable antidepressant like SSRIs or psychotherapy techniques like cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) can be attempted. Wish you all the best.
Dr Sundar
Answered: Tue, 26 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor