Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Feeling depressed, loneliness, feel sad and angry. How to overcome?

hello doctor i m a 18 year old girl.i have been getting depressed a lot since i entered college. because i feel alone people barely talks to me and this makes me feel more sad,and sometimes i even cry for no reason,i feel really depressed i feel lonely my family barely talks me, because of that i always tend to get angry at life is a mess my grades are dropping people scold me alot and i get really scared and more sad...i dont even have many friends...
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

It sounds as though you may have depressed mood disorder. This is diagnosed if a person has at least 5 of the following for at least 2 weeks: depressed mood, loss of interest in activities, fatigue, change in appetite with weight loss or weight gain, difficulty sleeping though some persons have hypersomnia, difficulty concentrating, feeling guilty, suicidal ideas.

Depression is a serious condition that can impact all aspects of life.

You need to consider visiting your doctor for an assessment as soon as you can.
Management involves counselling and the use of medication for a period of time.

I hope this helps
Answered: Mon, 28 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I understand that you are going through a difficult time. Environmental stress and lack of social and emotional support can lead to a person feeling depressed. Strarting college is a sudden change in environment and the academic pressure can also be adding on to your stress levels. You have also mentioned that you are not getting enough support from your parents during these stressful times.

I would advise you to talk about your problems to someone you can trust and depend on - it can be a close friend or a relative or a friendly teacher. If your depressive symptoms are severe and you are having major difficulty in coping up, then you may need professional help in the form of medication or counselling. I would suggest that you consult a psychiatrist for a detailed psychological assessment and further treatment.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Tue, 29 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor