Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Feeling depressed and dejected. What can help recover loneliness?

I need to consult someone who can help me overcome this feeling of loneliness and Dejection that i constantly feel ever since i got the shock from my boyfriend...I need answers to some questions as in what did i do wrong...why did he suddenly change? there are many complications...I understand this was not a usual relationship...I had two kids and he was unmarried and all that stuff i understand. But for 6 years we were madly in love...I worshiped him and could do anything for him. Nothing has helped kids are devastated. i am good for nothing. i am a complete failure. i always stood by him when he needed me and he left me alone and dejected. I am not a teenager. I barely found love of my life. I was happy and suddenly he decided to break free...cant get over the shock...cant get over the shock....someone help me....i am so that he is settled, he told me he cant be with me anymore...simple bcoz now he doesn t like the same things that he used to like once. help meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! I need answers.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
The sudden loss of a loved one-what we call as bereavement is a common enough phenomenon in most people's life. It usually results in an adjustment disorder though on occasions it can be severe, what we refer to as acute stress reaction. You would have to get over this initial phase of anger or depression over the next couple of months following which if required (if these symptoms persist), we would recommend appropriate medication or psychotherapy measures. At this juncture supportive psychotherapy by a (clinical) psychological counsellor might be appropriate for you.
Dr Sundar Gnanavel
Answered: Sun, 30 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response

Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I can understand what you are going through and how distressing it can be to go through such difficult and trying times. Since you seem to be very emotionally upset and depressed due to this recent stress, you may need professional help to come out of this depressive phase.

Secondly, it's a good idea to try not to analyse yourself or feel guilty desparately look for answers at this time when you are already under so much of emotional trauma and stress. The better way would be to just 'stay afloat' till this turbulent and depressive phase passes away, so that you will be in a calmer and stronger state of mind to figure things out later.

If you feel that you are finding it difficult to cope up, then you can seek professional help from a psychiatrist or a counsellor. There are effective treatment options - in the form of medication or counselling / psychotherapy which will help you overcome these depressive thoughts.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Sat, 29 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor