Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Feel like Period pains but have not started bleeding yet. Have lower back and leg pain also

Hi, i have what feel like constant period pains but have not started bleeding yet. I also have lower back ache and pain every now and then up and down my right leg. I have had trouble sleeping the last two nights, just cannot settle and have no reason why. i am late for my period and did a pregnancy test yesterday but came up negative. we are trying for a baby at the moment, however this pain is worrying me now after the negative test.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  201
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
Since the pregnancy test is negative, your overdue periods are due to hormonal disbalance. You should have an ultrasound scan to rule out polycystic ovaries and wait for your periods for few more days before taking treatment.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Wed, 16 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor