Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Feel dizzy, light headed, high heartbeat and shivering. Have anxiety attacks. Solution for the symptoms?

I am 18 years old and I have been getting anxiety attacks since I was about 16.. Theyve gotten a little worse throughout the years. All of a sudden I feel really dizzy/light headed, my heart statts pounding really fast I can feel it through my chest . I start shaking uncontrollably, my whole body shakes and shivers as if I were freezing. My hands in particular get really cold . I also start getting cold and it feels like if im going to pass out wherever im at. It gets worse when I stand up so I just try to sit down and relax. I have not checked a doctor or anything because of money issues and I dont have insurance. Im guessing I have anxiety because it happens a lot when I think about negative things the night before and rarely have sleep. But sometimes it happens out of nowhere.. Im really confused about this and its starting to get scary. Im wondering if there could be other possibilities of anything wrong with me? Please respond soon. Its really starting to scare me :(
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  204
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for your query. At the outset i want to assure you that the condition is not life-threatening. We refer to them as panic attacks. effective treatment is available in the form of anti-anxiety medication and psychotherapy (eg cognitive behavioural therapy). Prior to management you would require a thorough psychiatric evaluation particularly with respect to nature, intensity and frequency of these symptoms. Hope you found the information useful
Dr Sundar Gnanavel
Answered: Tue, 1 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Srikanth Reddy's  Response
I understand your concerns about your health. From the information you have given, it appears quire certain that you are having an anxiety disorder called panic disorder. But before we can make this final diagnosis its always advisable to get a ECG done to rule out any cardiac cause for the same. But considering your age, panic disorder is the more likely diagnosis. For it to resolve,you will have to visit a psychiatrist who can start you on some medication like Paroxetine, venlafaxine or Bupropion and also like to engage you with Cognitive behavioural therapy. Also you can start exercising, have a good and health food and try talking about your problems with someone close. Try relaxation by means of yoga or meditation which will also help you.
Hope I am able to solve your concerns.
Answered: Tue, 18 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor