Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Feel ball type shaped, sore on touching near arm pit. Pulled muscle or pinched nerve?

when applying pressure to my upper right arm , somewhat close to my arm-pit, I can sometimes feel a small ball type shape that is sore to touch but not all of the time. I noticed it last night when I got back from the gym. When I put my arm down I felt something rubbing against my side. It is more annoying than painful, and the only thing I could guess is a pulled muscle, pinched nerve or something along those lines. It is not a major lump, but my friend said that she could definitely feel a difference compared to my other arm.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.

The lump you experienced is most likely a swollen lymph node. Armpit lumps may be caused by cysts, infection, or irritation due to shaving or using antiperspirants. However, these lumps may also indicate a serious health condition.

Seek medical attention if you have an armpit lump that gradually becomes enlarged, is not painful, or does not go away.A fine needle biopsy of the lump is needed to reach the exact diagnosis after which treatment can be suggested.
Answered: Wed, 11 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor