Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Fatty tumor on back. Why is it leaking? What doctor to see?

My husband has a fatty tumor on his back. It has started to leak and gets on his cloths. Before this it was real big and was hard for him to lean back on a chair. But now it leaks. He says it builds up pressure and I push on it and it just leaks this yellow and sometime a bloody stuff. It first pops like a pimple and then just runs. What should he do and what kind of doctor should he see
Wed, 24 Jul 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
He can either see a surgeon or dermatologist to get the lesion dignosed and treated.
from the description it could either be an abscess or an infected sebaceous cyst. Both are easily treatable. An abscess would require incision and drainage of lesion with oral antibiotics while sebaceous cyst would require oral antibiotics initially and when the infection subsides, the cyst needs to be excised completely. Please see a doctor nearby.
Take care
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor