Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Fatty, soft, movable bump on the left of rib cage, no pain, seems higher on lying flat on the back. What could it be?

I have a fatty bump on the left side of my bottom rib cage. I recently lost a significant amount of weight and I thought the unevenness would go away, but appears that the lump is not just fat. It is soft, can be moved, doesn t hurt, if I flex my abs on my back and in a some what crunch position, it doesn t show. It I lay flat on my back, the left side of my rib cage sticks up significantly higher than the other. Who should I see about this? What could it be?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  358
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Rheumatologist 's  Response
good evening. it could be just a ganglion or a fat swelling. you can consult a surgeon for it but as long as it is not causing any pain or is not increasing in size you shouldn't be too worried about it. these kind of swellings remain benign for years.
Answered: Sun, 22 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor