Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Fatty mild liver, elevated ALT, back pain, no relief with medicines. Treatment and diet?

Hello Sir, I am currently having problems in the liver , the reports said its Fatty Mild liver and my ALT reached at 89, I feel lots of pain in my back, kindly advice what I have to do as my doctors medicine did not work that much and the pain is still there, please advice the remedy and things which i can eat and drink to make it to normal again. Thanks, look forward for your valuable inputs on it.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  171
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
Thank you for wrtting in HCM.
Fatty liver isacondition which needs to be treated promptly and specifically. I would suggest the following
1.Restrict the intake of fatty foods.
2.Regular exercise.
3. Plenty of waterconsumption per day.
4. High protein ,low carbohydrate and low fat diet.
4.Medications to be taken
a. a combination of sorbitol and tricholine citrate for at least 6 months.
b. ornithine containing compounds for a month
c. silymarin containing medications for at least 6 weeks.
d. vitamin b complex supplements.
The above treatment needs to be continued for 6 months. Repeat liver function tests and USG abdomen after 6 months.I am sure this will give you relief.
Answered: Mon, 4 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor