Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Fatty liver, heavy drinker, Hepatitis C negative, elevated GGT levels. Advice?

Hello Doctor, can I speak to you now with regard to my elevated GGT levels? I am a heavy drinker (only beer) but in good quantity every day. When I checked my LFTs, it shows GGT as 130, SGPT 79, SGOT 47. I have big pain at the side of the liver. I have not stopped the drinks for 3 days and it is for ever. Sixe months back, when I had an ultrasound, there was slight fatty liver too. I have hepatitis c antibody in my blood, but when I did polymerised RNA test (to count the virus) it was negative and I did it two times in two years and it is still negative. Can you advise as to what can be done now. If it is due to alcoholism, can it be reversed since I stopped it. Please help me. Thanks a lot.. Reji
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  269
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Undergo complete liver tests like liver function tests and ultrasound abdomen ,stop alcohol intake,start on liver vitamins like liv 52 along with hepamerz twice a day.
Answered: Mon, 30 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor