Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Fatty liver. What kind of diet and treatment should be followed?

My doctor says I have a fatty liver. She only told me to not drink alcohol, which I don't. I have never been a big alcohol drinker. It used to be occasional intervals, like weddings or parties. But I haven't had anything to drink in a long while. I just don't enjoy it. So, my question is what do I do about a fatty liver. Is there something I should be taking?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Oct 2013
hello dear
thanks for your query at HCM
it might be hard for you quit alcohol, but what ever little amount your taking might damage liver that is already in course of shut down.
the most important thing taht you can do now is quit alcohol, attend alcohol withdrawl classes to quit it.
1 take plenty of water and
2 fresh fruit juices
3 avoid junk foods
4 avoid high protein diets.
wishing for early recovery
Answered: Fri, 18 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor