Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Fatty liver. Fluid around liver. Ribcage hurting. Recommendations?

Hi my Dr recently found I had a fatty liver and a small amount of fluid around my liver my right side underneath my ribcage has been hurting on and off for 6 months until recently more often and has been constantly hurting none stop for 2 days I just ate something and threw it all like to know what's causing this pain.
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  109
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Once it is proved that your mother has gall stones ,it is best to consult surgeon and get a check up and follow advice.
usual accepted method of treatment is removal of stone with gall bladder .laparoscopic cholecystectomy being the gold standard today .
please discuss with your doctor and take appropriate treatment .
gall stones usually cause indigestion specially after fatty meal . avoiding satty meal and digestives may only help symptom wise . stones are known to gause severe pain and needs analgesics specially injections .
the stone prevent the free passage of bile after gall bladder contraction after food and cause pain .
Answered: Thu, 20 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor