Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Fatigue, increased appetite, pain in the inner thigh and groin and distended abdomen. Urinary bladder infection?

Good day. My regular physician is on maternity leave so I am hoping you can assist me. I had symptoms of a bladder infection and went to an urgent care doctor who gave me meds and did both a urine and blood test for pregnancy, both are negative. History: I have not had a period since September 13, but last sex was Oct 1 and 7, no period in October, but around October 11 did had shedding of lining, dark discharge . Symptoms include fatigue , increased appetite , numb lower buttocks , buttock pain when sitting, left inner thigh pain especially when driving, left groin pain, off and on tender breasts, distended abdomen and other miscellaneous symptoms.
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

It is most important here for us to know when you conducted your pregnancy test, and if this was ruled out too early. Your symptoms could be relating to pregnancy, especially because you have not attained your period yet. Have you always had irregular periods or have they been normal and this is the first time they are late? This is also an important question.

Now coming to the pregnancy test that you should repeat. Please get a home pregnancy (urine) test and check your status with an early morning urine sample. I would also recommend you to visit your doctor at the earliest and get examined.

What is your age? And do you have any other problems relating to your menstrual cycle? All these are important questions, and you will have to discuss these in detail with your doctor.

The next thing I would want you to do is to send your urine sample to the lab for examination. As a few of your symptoms could be related to an infection as well. Once an infection is confirmed (if at all), please initiate the required treatment after reporting to your doctor.

If an infection is ruled out, undergoing a screening for sexually transmitted diseases would also be a wise option.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor