Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Fast heart beat. Suggest me a remedy?

today i found out my boyfriend has this heart problem i don t even know what it is. at first when i was leaning on him i was listening to his heart beat and it was REAL fast and it was beating real hard.. to the point where i thought that it was going to pop out of his chest . What is wrong with him? i m worried. I was looking online and there was something called.. supraventricular tachycardia ..? could that be it? fast and hard heart beats. doctor said he can pass out if he runs too much or something. help please
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  218
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
It depends on several factors. There are several conditions that he could have. Also, it depends on his age. It can be normal for "young" people have arrhythmia's. They can correct themselves as one gets older. Was he prescribed any medication? Supra Ventricular Tachycardia can happen, but usually after a short period of time, a person becomes very uncomfortable. SVT is 150 bpm or greater. Find out more and let me know. If his doctor is aware, then probably there is no reason for concern.
Answered: Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor