Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Fallen from tree, hurts to breathe, hand pain. What should I do?

Hi, I fell from the tree on a stone fence on the side under my right hand close to my right breast . When I breath it hearts, and when I move my hand a lot it also hearts. I just touched underneath my breast and it fills like it is a little different the the same area on the left side. (I am a male) What should I do? is it possible that I have broke a rib even though that I can move and do everything I could before (the difference is that it hurts).
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
A fractured rib does not hinder any arm movements. In your case, a fractured rib is a likely possibility. To decrease the pain, you can use an appropriate sized chest belt and take mild pain killers.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Thu, 16 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor